The Big Ten Cancer Research Consortium (BTCRC) arose from the fast-changing personalized medicine environment amid diminishing research opportunities for junior faculty and increasing demands to pre-screen large populations in order to identify small, molecularly-enriched subsets.
- Expedited contracting by virtue of membership
- Planned consolidated IRB review
- Organized clinical trial working groups
- Ability to share specimens with clinically annotated data
- Avenue for development of junior faculty
- Opportunity to quickly open trials across 11 academic institutions
The Big Ten cancer centers have united to transform the conduct of cancer research through collaborative, hypothesis-driven, highly translational oncology trials that leverage the scientific and clinical expertise of Big Ten universities. The Big Ten Cancer Research Consortium creates a unique team-research culture to drive science rapidly from ideas to treatment-changing paradigms. Within this innovative environment, today’s research leaders collaborate with and mentor the research leaders of tomorrow with the unified goal of improving the lives of all patients with cancer.